News: Florence home destroyed by fire, two occupants injured
Published on March 12th, 2021
FLORENCE, SC – A home in the Pee Dee area has been completely destroyed after oxygen canisters exploded during a house fire Thursday morning, reports WMBF.
The Palmetto Rural Fire Department responded to the emergency call at 701 Steerfolk Drive at 9:12 AM on March 11th. The fire had been started by a stray cigarette that caused a couch to catch fire. While firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze, oxygen canisters exploded and ammunition began to go off, forcing emergency responders to keep their distance.
All five occupants escaped the structure, but two suffered injuries. One woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Another person suffered a burn to their arm but refused medical treatment.
The American Red Cross is currently assisting the victims of the fire.
If you have recently suffered an injury or the loss of your home due to a fire, Evans Moore, LLC is here for you in this difficult time. The experienced South Carolina personal injury lawyers at Evans Moore, LLC have experience helping people like you get compensation for medical bills and other related expenses. Contact us today at (843) 995-5000.