South Carolina Temporary Disability Lawyers

Being injured on the job can seriously jeopardize your financial stability. If you were hurt or became ill due to conditions at the workplace, you are likely eligible for workers’ compensation benefits from your employer. If your employer fails to provide you with the temporary disability benefits that you are owed, contact an experienced South Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer at Evans Moore, LLC to discuss your situation today. Our team of nationally recognized professionals was recognized in 2017 among the 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, and we are ready to help you.

Taking time off work without pay to recover, paying for mounting medical costs due to your injury, and dealing with the emotional stress of an uncertain future is not fair to you as a worker who was hurt on the job. We understand the challenges that you are going through, and we are here to help. Evans Moore, LLC has made it our mission to fight for families that have been denied access to compensation after a temporary disability has prevented them from working. For over seven years, our founding partners have worked closely together on every case to secure more than $40 million for our clients. We have proven that we have the knowledge, dedication, and energy to take your claim to court and hold your employer responsible. Contact our law firm through our website to get the help you deserve or call us at (843) 995-5000. We will evaluate your claim for free, and there is nothing to lose by speaking with us.

Why You Need an Attorney

After properly filing a claim with the hearing commissioner, your claim will either be accepted or denied. If you have been denied, your options to secure rightful compensation are limited. By retaining the services of a legal professional, you can defend your rights. The state of South Carolina allows individuals to appeal the decision of the commission if the injury was not reported by the employer within 10 days of the accident, the employer claims the injury was not work-related, an agreement was not reached within 14 days of the filing, or if there is a disagreement regarding the amount of compensation. The law is complicated when it comes to defending your personal disability claim, and it may be in your best interest to bring an ally to your side who has legal insight on the court’s proceedings. After your initial hearing with the commissioner, employees who have been denied can take their claim to the Court of Common Pleas, and if necessary, the State Appellate Court. Evans Moore, LLC is familiar with every step of the process, and we are ready to fight on your behalf.

Defining Temporary Disability

It’s often unclear whether a person should be on temporary disability, permanent disability, or disability of any kind. Of course, after a workplace accident, you’ll need some time to recover, but what are the thresholds that separate a simple recovery period from a short-term or even long-term leave of absence? In most cases of a temporary disability, workers’ compensation should be enough to cover the costs of the injury itself, but when it comes to income during your time off to recover, you may need short-term disability insurance. Some employers do offer this to employees injured on the job, but not all. To qualify for temporary disability through your employer, you’ll need:

  • To have been injured on the job
  • Be employed with a company who either offers this in their insurance plans or as a part of workers’ comp
  • Have a recovery time of under six months
If you exceed the six-month mark for your disability, it’s often possible that you will need to seek long-term disability assistance or even permanent disability assistance. It’s best to speak with an attorney about the particulars of your case so that you can begin to consider these options.

Frequently Asked Questions

Although workplace accidents often lead to unique injuries and situations, many of our clients share similar questions when faced with the possibility of needing temporary disability assistance. If you don’t find all of the answers to your questions below, please contact us at (843) 995-5000.

Under what circumstances am I entitled to claim temporary disability workers compensation?

After sustaining a work-related injury, a doctor has determined that you are unable to return to work as a direct result of your accident. Sometimes this includes hospital stays, surgery, and physical therapy. If you are unable to perform your job while you recover, you may qualify for workers compensation.

When will my benefits end?

A doctor must first confirm that you are able to return to work, either with or without restrictions, and you should receive two copies of Form 15 with section II completed. This form will notify you that workers compensation is no longer being paid, as long as it is still within 150 days of filing the accident. If you believe you have received these forms by mistake or that compensation was wrongfully terminated, you may need to seek legal assistance from a qualified law firm.

Contact Evans Moore, LLC

When temporary disability may be the only way you and your family can financially secure your future, and it is denied to you, you don’t have to accept defeat. We are experienced and prepared to handle your temporary disability claim, so you don’t have to deal with the aftermath of a workplace accident alone. For nearly a decade, Evans Moore, LLC has represented individuals struggling to receive compensation after their claim was wrongfully denied. We have successfully argued on behalf of our clients and secured national recognition, including being named Super Lawyers and being listed under the American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Lawyers under 40. If you have been denied access to temporary disability workers compensation, there is still a way to make things right again. Call Evans Moore, LLC at (843) 995-5000, fill out a contact form on our site, or chat with us live to schedule a consultation with us today.


Marnie H.

My attorney James Moore goes the extra mile for clients and I highly recommend Mr Moore. He is always available for his clients.


Honest and dedicated.


Amazing attorneys who will work very hard to make sure justice is served and that everything runs as smoothly as possible.


I recently retained Mr. James Moore to represent me in an accident involving a trucking company. He settled the case in a timely and professional manner, and i couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. I would recommend him and the firm, with the highest regards, to anyone needing legal representation.


God Bless James Moore & Scott Evans for the work they do – fighting for those that cannot speak for themselves, those that are pushed aside and thrown away, those that do not have a voice, those that are true victims.


James and Scott’s personal attention and responsiveness are attributes that made them really stand out. Their preparedness and dedication to a favorable outcome was exceptional. They are both genuinely good people who care for the well-being of their clients.


Professional while also being engaging. Walked family through tough experience and was knowledgeable calming voice. Very glad we hired.

Jenn (on behalf of her father)

After suffering a tragic loss, I went to several law firms looking for someone to help with some sort of settlement from the family of the person who caused the loss. After having the door shut in my face, countless times I met with James and Scott, who agreed to take the case to see what he could do. Each time , throughout the process I called the office, no matter who I spoke to or why I called, everyone made me feel like a valued client. I am grateful for the Evans Moore law firm and will recommend them to anyone who would find their representation useful.


Scott Evans handled cases for my daughter and me in the last few years with great results. He is professional, knowledgeable, caring and provides comfort for his clients during their hard times. Office staff at Evans Moore is terrific, always helpful when I called and a great asset to the firm. Should i need legal help in the future I will call Evans Moore.


I retained James Moore of Evans Moore Law firm in regards to traffic accident in which I was involved. The expert advice, legal support and personal attention Mr. Moore provided during a stressful time and unfavorable situation was unparalleled. Not only was the issue resolved swiftly, but Mr. Moore went out of his way to keep me updated on all matters during the process. The next time I’ll need to call ‘my lawyer,’ as they say, I’ll know exactly who to call. Thanks again to Mr. Moore and the entire Evans Moore Law Firm for your support!