Aggressive Driving Attorneys in South Carolina
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident caused by an aggressive driver? Did the accident have financial repercussions, such as missed time from work and expensive hospital bills? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
At Evans Moore, LLC, we understand the dangers of aggressive driving and believe no one should be injured because of another driver’s negligence. Our Georgetown car accident attorneys can help you fight for your right to fair compensation. Call Evans Moore, LLC today at (843) 995-5000 to discuss your case and find out what we can do for you.
What Is Aggressive Driving and Why is it Dangerous?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), aggressive driving involves a “combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.” In other words, aggressive driving can take the form of a number of different actions on the road, all of which can cause traffic accidents and put other people’s lives at risk.
Listed below are some of the different behaviors that are considered aggressive driving in South Carolina:
- Tailgating. This is one of the most dangerous things drivers can do on the road. When people drive too closely behind another vehicle, they risk slamming into them from behind if the vehicle in front comes to a sudden stop.
- Traffic signs. When drivers fail to obey traffic signs, it is considered aggressive driving. This could include running red lights, speeding up on yellows, or rolling through stop signs.
- Failure to yield. Aggressive drivers often fail to yield to oncoming traffic and try to merge onto roads and highways when there is no time or space to do so. This is dangerous for everyone on the road.
- Passing. Passing another vehicle in an unsafe manner, such as on the right, while going around a curve, or anytime there is a double yellow line indicating you can’t pass is a form of aggressive driving.
- Recklessness. Racing other cars, cutting people off, or weaving in and out of traffic can cause accidents.
- Road rage. More common than most people think, road rage causes thousands of accidents every year in America. When people lose control of their emotions and get angry or upset while driving, they can cause serious problems on the road.
Speeding is also considered a form of aggressive driving and is one of the most dangerous activities drivers can do. In fact, in 2018, speeding was a contributing factor in 26% percent of all traffic accident fatalities.
If you were injured in an automobile accident caused by another driver speeding or acting aggressively in any way, you should call Evans Moore, LLC at (843) 995-5000 to speak with one of our qualified aggressive driving attorneys in South Carolina.
Why Are Speeding and Aggressive Driving Dangerous?
Rules and traffic regulations such as speed limits are put in place to protect everyone on the road. But when people drive aggressively, they not only put themselves at risk, they risk the lives of everyone they share the road with.
Here are some reasons aggressive driving can be so dangerous:
- Aggressive drivers are more likely to lose control of their vehicles.
- Aggressive drivers are more likely to cause high-speed accidents.
- Aggressive drivers are often unable to brake in time when a vehicle in front of them stops, or they’re forced to make a quick decision on the road.
Sadly, thousands of people lose their lives in the U.S. every year because of aggressive driving. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident caused by an aggressive driver, contact an experienced car accident attorney in Georgetown today. At Evans Moore, LLC, we can help you file a claim and receive compensation for your injuries.
How Common Is Road Rage in America?
Road rage is one of the most dangerous forms of aggressive driving. Drivers act out of anger and do things they probably otherwise wouldn’t do. While most people have probably experienced irritation or anger while driving, when they allow those emotions to take over how they handle the machine they’re driving, it can cause big problems.
So just how common is road rage, and how often does it cause accidents? Let’s take a look at some statistics about road rage and aggressive driving:
- According to the NHTSA, road rage is a leading cause of automobile accidents in the U.S. In fact, over 30% of accidents can be linked to behaviors attributed to road rage.
- The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety found over 12,500 injuries in the U.S. were caused by road rage accidents over a seven-year period, and there were over 200 deaths.
- Perhaps more startlingly, over 35% of the deaths in road rage incidents were caused by a firearm.
- The AAA also found that more than half of drivers who are the victims of road rage retaliated in some way, usually by reciprocating aggressive driving behavior.
If you find yourself the victim of someone else’s road rage, it is always best not to retaliate. Instead, stay cool, drive safely and pull over if necessary. If the driver causes an accident, contact an aggressive driving attorney in South Carolina for help.
Listed below are a few statistics about car accidents in the United States and South Carolina:
- Motor vehicle accidents cost South Carolina over $1 billion each year.
- $10 million of those costs are in medical expenses, and $1.04 billion are in work loss costs.
- Younger adults between the ages of 20-34 caused the most monetary damage from car accidents in South Carolina.
- Every year, over 30,000 people in the U.S. are killed in motor vehicle accidents.
- Among people aged 1-54, car accidents are a top 10 cause of death.
Here are some frequently asked questions about car accidents in South Carolina:
Do I need an attorney if I’ve been injured in an accident?
To win a personal injury claim for a car accident in South Carolina and gain compensation for your losses, you have to prove that another driver was at least partially at fault for your accident. Having an experienced aggressive driving attorney on your side can help you gather evidence and prove that the accident was not your fault. This is essential to winning your case and is difficult to do without an experienced attorney on your team.
How much is my claim worth?
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell exactly how much your claim is worth. However, some of the factors that are considered to calculate your claim amount include the extent of your injuries, the cost of your hospital bills and medical care, pain, and suffering, and missed time from work. An experienced attorney can discuss your claim with you and give you an experienced evaluation of how much your claim could be worth.
Can I file a claim if I was partially at fault?
If it’s determined that you were less than 50% at fault for the accident, then you can still receive compensation for your claim. However, an amount equal to the percentage of fault you shared for the accident will be deducted from your claim. For example, if a jury determines you were 20% to blame for the accident and your losses are found to be $10,000, then 20% will be deducted. The most compensation you could obtain would be $8,000. No money is paid out in South Carolina until fault is decided.
Why choose Evans Moore, LLC?
At Evans Moore, LLC, we don’t think anyone should be injured because of aggressive or negligent driving, which is why we work passionately to help our clients receive the maximum financial recovery possible. We have many years of experience helping people who have been injured because of aggressive or negligent driving in Georgetown, and we’re not afraid to fight for your rights to make sure you recover just and fair compensation.
Over the years, Evans Moore, LLC has been recognized as one of the best personal injury law firms in the area. Recently, we were chosen by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 40 Lawyers under 40, and we’ve also been recognized as a Top 10 firm for client satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. If you choose us, you can be sure we’ll represent your interests and fight diligently to win your case.
Contact the Aggressive Driving Attorneys in Georgetown
Being injured because of an aggressive driver can not only be a terrifying experience, it can change your life forever. Enormous medical bills, pain and suffering, a car that needs to be fixed—all of this can add up and can make life extremely difficult.
At Evans Moore, LLC, we understand how difficult it is to recover from an accident and get back on your feet. That’s why we help our clients every step of the way until they receive the compensation they deserve. To speak with one of our qualified aggressive driving accident attorneys in South Carolina, call us today at (843) 995-5000 or contact us online. We look forward to fighting for you and your family.